EPSO working groups
TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER SPECIALIST to spearhead the Technology Transfer and Innovation Office (Ref. 5/2017)
The CRAG Technology Transfer Office mission is to promote the transfer of scientific results for the public benefit, to facilitate collaborations with the industry, to promote economic development, and to generate royalty income for reinvestment into research and education.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized and self‐motivated individual with experience in management of intellectual property and commercialization of technologies. He or she should have solid business development, communication and team‐working skills, as well as previous experience of taking relevant technology innovation to market within a commercial environment or technology transfer within an academic context.
The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of projects derived or related to research at CRAG, which encompasses basic science in plant development, physiology, metabolism and genetics; bioinformatics and genomics of plants and farm animals; and applied projects developed together with Agbio, Biotech, and Breeding companies. CRAG received in 2015 the “Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence” Award, and the “Human Resources Excellence in Research” accreditation.
• Participate in the identification, evaluation and protection of research results developed at CRAG, including patent and MTA management.
• Collaborate with inventors to evaluate and develop technology‐licensing opportunities and strategies, including scientific and technical services and start‐up companies.
• Promote strategic collaborations with the agronomic and life sciences industries, including research contracts and agreements.
• Contribute to the raising and project management of proof‐of‐concept funding.
• Develop a Corporate Liaison Program between CRAG and Agbio Companies. The Corporate Liaison Program will aim to create long lasting relationships that result in establishing agreements, joint research projects and contracts between Companies and CRAG.
• Other activities related to technology transfer and innovation, including promoting awareness
of the technology transfer and innovation field among CRAG researchers.
• MSc or PhD degree in life sciences.
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the innovation and technology transfer areas of a scientific or research organization or company, and progressively gaining responsibilities in developing and executing plans. Experience in both academia and the commercial sector would be a distinct advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills. Strong customer relationship skills, consensus building skills and the ability to cultivate and maintain professional business partnerships.
• Excellent English (native or equivalent) and Spanish/Catalan (written and oral).
• Business studies are highly desirable.
A full time position for an initial period of one year, with the possibility to become permanent. Salary depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The position will be funded by Severo Ochoa award.
Interested applicants should submit:
• Presentation letter describing past and current positions, motivation, and economic aspirations (2 pages max.)
• Full CV detailing experience and education.
• Three references (including email address and phone number).
Please submit all the application materials through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
Applications will be accepted and the position will remain open until it is filled. Review of applications will begin on February 20, 2016.
For more information about CRAG, visit: