Biodiversity is one of the destinations of the Horizon Europe (HE) Work Programmes in cluster 6 ‘Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment’ and the focus of the Biodiversity Partnership in HE in order to achieve the European Biodiversity Strategy for 2030 to build the bridge between science, policy and practice.
Biodiversa+ is the co-funded biodiversity partnership under the Horizon Europe programme and was jointly developed by BiodivERsA and the European Commission (DG Environment and DG Research & Innovation). It is one of the HE partnerships to start and was officially launched 1st October 2021. It continues the work of the Biodiversa ERA-NET which was established under Horizon 2020.
Biodiversa+ gathers 75 research programmers and funders and environmental policy actors from 37 European and associated countries to work on five main objectives:
- Plan and support research and innovationon biodiversity through a shared strategy, annual joint calls for research projects and capacity building activities
- Set up a network of harmonised schemes to improve monitoring of biodiversityand ecosystem services across Europe
- Contribute to high-end knowledge for deploying Nature-based Solutions and valuation of biodiversity in the private sector
- Ensure efficient science-based support for policymakingand implementation in Europe
- Strengthen the relevance and impact of pan-European research on biodiversity in a global context.
Register to the launch event held online on 17-18 November 2021 for Biodiversa+ 2021-2022 joint Call for Transnational Research Proposals on “Supporting the protection of biodiversity and ecosystems across land and sea”.
To know more on biodiversity in Horizon Europe, EPSO invites its members to check the updated EPSO briefing on Horizon Europe Work Programmes 2021-2022 on the Members’ only Website* 29.9.2021. It contains all information for plant scientists already available in one document. It provides as well additional researched information and final call texts published by the European Commission since 15 June 2021.
*Access to the Members’ only Website is restricted to EPSO active Members (not sleeping members, not external Personal Members) – please contact Sofia to get access.
Source: Biodiversa, KoWi