The position has been filled and EPSO no longer accepts applications. The new Publications Officer will start as of 1 September 2022.
Opportunities: As member of the EPSO team you will use different sources of information and your own inspiration to write our research programme briefings, our newsletter, articles for our website and for our members. You will coordinate the international Fascination of Plants Day. The EPSO team consists of three staff members of different cultural backgrounds and with different expertise.
- Update and manage the EPSO website and social media – Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Research various programmes that offer funding opportunities for plant scientists across Europe and write briefings on these tailored to plant scientists
- Take video interviews and support with videos and social media the communication actions in European research projects
- Actively research information, coordinate submissions, write and edit articles and publish the EPSO e-newsletter twice a year
- Coordinate the work for the biennial international Fascination of Plants Day (https://plantday18may.org/ ) and support the public relations work for this
- Write articles about EPSO for our members and support articles for other outside publications
- Monitor science policy publications and calls from the European Commission
- Excellent science writing skills, preferably in English, with a proven ability to write in a clear, understandable, and interesting way
- Excellent general written and verbal communication skills in English
- Degree (BSc, MSc, or PhD) in biological or agricultural science
- Strong computational skills, interest in learning how to use new tools
- Good organisational skills, a clear analytical mind, an ability to manage projects within deadlines, and an ability to work independently as well as in a team
A plus would be:
- Experience in a similar position
- Experience with graphics and / or a website Content Management System
- Knowledge of the European institutions and research funding instruments
- Taking video interviews and compiling these in short videos for YouTube
Applications: Please send your application as ONE file (pdf or word) consisting of your motivation letter in English and including your gross annual salary expectation and your CV by 15 August 2022 to: [email protected] with reference ‘EPSO-Job-Publications Officer’. Interviews will be held in Brussels on 18 -19 July and 24 – 25 August 2022.Preferred starting date for the Publications Officer is around 1 September 2022. Information from this application may be processed by the employer under the GDPR. By applying for the job, you give your consent for the data supplied in this application to be used for the recruitment and selection procedure for the advertised job.
Work permit required for non-EU citizens. Only relevant applications will be answered.
EPSO, the European Plant Science Organisation, has built a strong reputation for work in plant research and science policy at European and national levels. With currently 71 members representing around 200 plant research institutions, departments or universities in Europe, our work supports all areas of plant science.
Click here to read the Job advert
Looking forward to welcome you in our team
Karin, Sofia and Alan
Karin Metzlaff (EPSO Executive Director), Sofia Ciravegna (EPSO Executive Assistant), Alan Schulman (EPSO President)
Contact: Karin Metzlaff, EPSO Executive Director