On 17 May 2022, the EC launched the 2022 LIFE Call, with a dedicated budget for LIFE of €755.5 million, the deadlines are going from September 2022 to March 2023 depending on the call.
LIFE is the EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action. It is not part of the Horizon Europe programme, but under the same EU multi-annual financial framework. LIFE projects support policy implementation. Research is not the main focus but should be part of a LIFE project. LIFE projects only provide co-financing. Thus, you always need another financial source for the remaining amount.
Note that operating grants, especially the Standard Action Projects, are relevant for plant scientists.
The main deadlines are:
- SAPs (Standard Action projects) – Most relevant for plant scientists: 4 October 2022
- Preparatory Project (PLP): 7 September 2022
- Technical Assistance Projects (TAPs): 8 September 2022
- Strategic Projects (SPs)
- Phase I (concept note): 8 September 2022
- Strategic Projects (SPs) Phase II (full proposal) : 30 March 2023
You can access the EPSO updated briefing on the LIFE Work Programme 2022 at the EPSO Members-Only Website. There is no major change compared to the LIFE Call 2021.
EPSO Members, except external Personal Members, can contact Sofia Ciravegna [email protected] for access to the EPSO Members’ Only website.