Website IPK Gatersleben - Research group Meiosis
- You will uncover new strategies and develop novel tools to modify plant meiotic recombination outcome aiming to accelerate plant breeding.
- Project 1: Based on novel single pollen nuclei genotyping tools in barley and based on forward genetic approaches in Arabidopsis, you will decipher the potential of meiotic non-crossovers as natural source of genetic variation.
- Project 2: Based on genome editing and virus-based tools, you will explore novel strategies for triggering meiotic recombination.
- You will present results at scientific meetings and write journal articles.
Your qualifications and skills:
- You are completing or hold a Ph.D. degree in the field of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- You have a strong publication record.
- Experience in the field of meiosis and/or experience in working with reproductive processes in plants are desirable but not required.
- You have experience in molecular, cell biological and/or cytogenetic techniques.
- You have solid English skills, which are a prerequisite for effective work in our multicultural working environment.
We offer you:
- … two ERC-funded postdoctoral positions as a unique opportunity to deepen and broaden your research profile and advancing your career.
- … Employment initially for 36 months each – starting by 01.07.2021 or later.
… a gross salary up to 100% E13 TV-L.
To apply for this job please visit www.ipk-gatersleben.de.