Website Leibniz-Institut für Pflanzengenetik und Kulturpflanzenforschung
The research group “Meiosis” is interested in the process of plant meiosis that generates genetic variation through homologous recombination that is harnessed in plant breeding. To support our team, we are looking for one highly motivated doctoral candidate in frame of the ERC-funded project MEIOBARMIX.
- You will modify meiotic recombination outcome in barley based on “stresses” or biotic/abiotic factors aiming to accelerate plant breeding.
- You will develop an approach to measure meiotic recombination outcome in single pollen nuclei of barley inbreeding materials based on genome editing and single pollen nucleus genotyping tools.
- You will present results at scientific meetings and write journal articles.
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a master, diploma or equivalent degree in biology or any related field.
- You have knowledge of molecular and/or cell biological techniques.
- You may already have experience in working with plants (in particular cereals).
- You have a good command of spoken and written English.
You fit to us:
- … if you are fascinated by plant sciences.
- … if you see your future in academic research and you have a strong drive to succeed.
- … if you want to work in a modern research centre with state-of-the-art facilities.
- … if you want to become a member of a young, dynamic and multi-cultural team.
We offer you:
- … a cutting-edge research environment.
- … a friendly and productive working atmosphere.
- … an ERC-funded position as opportunity to advance your career.
- … an employment initially for 36 months, starting by 01.08.2022 or later.
- … a gross salary up to 65% E13 TV-L.
For further information please feel free to contact Dr. Stefan Heckmann ([email protected]; +49(0)39482 5608).
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete online application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf-document until 12.06.2022 (https://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/career/job-offers). If you have questions or require more information, please contact [email protected] Please indicate the reference number 35/05/22 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered. Foreign qualifications must carry out an equivalence test in Germany, which is subject to a fee. This must be presented in the event of later hiring: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education/statement-of-comparability-for-foreign-higher-education-qualifications.html
To apply for this job please visit leibgate.pi-asp.de.