Website Wageningen University & Research (WUR)
Are you interested in research in the field of plant breeding? Do you like to work on novel or underutilised crops like quinoa? Do you have experience in molecular genetics, tissue culture and gene editing or have the skills to become an expert in these fields? Are you interested in developing new selection and gene validation tools aimed at improved abiotic stress tolerance of quinoa?
Then we might have an opportunity for you at Wageningen University & Research to start your PhD research in a new Topsector project in collaboration with young companies in this field.
- an MSc degree in Plant Breeding or other relevant plant science field
- good skills in molecular genetics and bioinformatics; expertise in tissue culture and phenotyping of plants is a pre.
- good organization and communication skills.
- fluency in English; you are required to show us a certification of English skills. (a minimum of CEFR C2 level) For more information about the required level please take a look at: https://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/PhD-Programme/English-language-requirements.htm ;
- you meet all the entry requirements of the WUR PhD programme.
Do you want more information?
- For more information about this position, please contact Robert van Loo, research group leader Breeding for Abiotic stress tolerance, +31 6 53726769 or by e-mail [email protected].
- For more information about the procedure, please contact [email protected]
This vacancy will be listed up to and including August 7, 2022 We hope to schedule the first job interviews in the week of August 15-19, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.connexys.nl.