- A PhD candidate with an MSc degree in Applied Mathematics, Plant Sciences, or a related discipline;
- The candidate should have an interest in both mathematic and plant science of research;
- Depending on the candidate’s profile, knowledge in machine learning and control algorithms and programming skills (e.g. Python) or experience with conducting experiments, with e.g plants in climate rooms, and using sensors (to measure plants) would be a plus;
- A proven ability to think conceptually;
- You are a result-driven team player with creative ideas;
- You have excellent communication skills as well as good proficiency in English (both oral and written). You are required to show us a certification of English skills. For more information about the required level please take a look at: https://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/PhD-Programme/English-language-requirements.htm;
- you meet all the entry requirements of the WUR PhD programme.