Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK)
- You are working in a project to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of spikelet/floret development and spike architecture in wheat using latest genetic, physiological and metabolic approaches.
- Discover, isolate and functionally characterize QTL or genes for spike/spikelet/floret traits.
- Utilize latest CRISPR-approaches and transgenic plants to study genes and their regulation during spikelet/floret development.
- Elucidate spatio-temporal patterns of metabolite and phytohormone distributions in spike and spikelet/floret sections using latest mass spectrometric methodology.
Your qualifications and skills:
- You have a master, diploma or equivalent degree in agriculture, biology or any related field.
- Knowledge of molecular, cytological and/or biochemical techniques, or genetic analyses (e.g. Linkage and QTL analysis); hands-on experience in working with plants (e.g. cereals) is desirable.
- You like phenotyping on all levels – from whole-plant over organ to cellular features.
- Readiness for field work is expected.
- Solid English skills are a prerequisite for effective work in our multicultural environment.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a world class research center with state of the art facilities and scientists from all over the world.
- Friendly and productive working atmosphere.
- An employment starting at the earliest from July, 1st 2019 or later limited for 36 month.
- Gross salary will be up to 50% E13 TV-L.
To apply for this job please visit www.ipk-gatersleben.de.