Website VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology
The VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology (PSB) is a world-leading plant science institute located at the heart of a renowned Plant Biotech campus in Ghent, Belgium. Its mission is to integrate genetics, genomics, and bio-computing to unravel plant biological processes and to further translate this knowledge into value for society.
The laboratory is looking for a talented and highly motivated PhD student. Possible project will center on studies of brassinosteroid signaling in stomatal lineage. The topic of the research project will be discussed in more detail during the interviews of selected candidates. The position is available immediately, with the start date to be negotiated with the suitable candidate.
- Master degree or equivalent university diploma in biology, molecular biology or biochemistry
- Strong interest in plant signal transduction, live-cell imaging, CRISPR technology
- Expertise in molecular biology, molecular genetics, biochemistry and confocal imaging techniques
- To be initiative taking, to function well in a team, and to show a critical mindset, determination, and perseverance
- Good communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English are required
Desirable but not required
- Experience in work with Arabidopsis, plant development and plant hormone biology
- A 4-year PhD position through Ghent University
- A working climate, in which trust, international collaboration, and commitment are essential.
- Access to state-of-the art tools and infrastructure within an excellence-based research institute.
- A stimulating and supportive international research environment.
- Various training opportunities to broaden your expertise and skills
How to apply?
If you are interested in performing high quality science in plant signal transduction, please use the online VIB application tool.
Make sure your application includes:
- A detailed CV
- A one-page summary of past research activities
- A one-page motivation letter, describing how your expertise and ambitions match the research theme
- The names and contact details of two to three referees.
Applications by email will not be considered.
A first review of applications will start immediately. A short list of applicants will be selected based on the CV and motivation letter. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews. Applications are welcome until the position in filled.
To apply for this job please visit vibvzw.jobsoid.com.