The research group works on competitive breeding programmes for wheat and soybean and is responsible for the conservation of genetic resources. The latest breeding technologies are continuously integrated into the breeding programmes. With your experience, technical and leadership skills and creativity, you can help shape the future success of this group and guide it through the changes ahead.
– Management of the Crop Breeding and Genetic Resources Research Group in terms of technical, organisational, financial and personnel matters
– Planning the relocation of the cereal breeding unit to Zurich and the reorganisation of breeding activities at the new location in Zurich
– Responsibility for the strategic development of research and development in the field of crop breeding
– Publication of research results in national and international journals as well as knowledge transfer to the public
– Acquisition of third-party funding from national and international research funds and private donors
– University degree with doctorate and proven scientific track record in the research field of the group (breeding, MAS, pathology)
– Experience in leading national and/or international research projects
– Leadership and good communication skills
– Very good knowledge of two official languages (working languages are French and German), very good knowledge of English
Deadline March 15, 2021
Agroscope is the Swiss federal centre of excellence for research in agriculture and food.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.admin.ch.