We are seeking a new research group leader to continue developing Breeding Research at Agroscope.
- Take the lead of the breeding research group with corresponding staff and budget responsibilities
- Development of state-of-the-art breeding methods for practical application
- Further establishment of expertise in genomics, new breeding technologies, biostatistics and molecular marker applications
- Ensuring accessibility of basic technologies for the breeding programmes; assume the scientific responsibility of the protected site
- Competitive acquisition of third-party funding; publication of research results in scientific journals and dissemination in practice-oriented media
- PhD in plant breeding or plant research and a proven track record in this field
- Sound experience in staff management and research management
- Familiarity with breeding research methodology and with the acquisition, planning and execution of new projects in national and international cooperation
- Strong communication skills, performance-driven, team player
- Good knowledge of two official Swiss languages and very good written and spoken English
Employment Level: 80-100%
If this challenge appeals to you, please send your online application (documents in PDF format) to us via www.stelle.admin.ch , ref. no. 6193
For more information, please find the complete job offer on the official web page.
To apply for this job please visit www.stelle.admin.ch.