Website Wageningen University & Research (WUR)
Do you consider the availability of safe and wholesome food for the entire world population one of the great challenges of our era? Do you want to contribute to safe and balanced diets by securing well designed and well executed analyses of food and feed? Are you eager to take on the challenge of improving analytical techniques in this field using state-of-the-art measurement systems such as LC-(HR)MS? This might be the next step for you! The Natural Toxins team of Wageningen Food Safety Research (WFSR) is looking for an ambitious researcher plant toxins.
What will you do?
In your daily work as researcher plant toxins, you will:
- Act as the researcher for a number of projects, mainly on governmental tasks, but also in PPS- and EU-projects in the theme on Food and Feed safety.
- Publish the results of research in scientific journals and present them at international conferences
- Participate in the EURL on mycotoxins & plant toxins in food and feed and advise the European Commission on analytical methods for enforcement of legal limits
- Build and maintain an (inter)national scientific network with relevant people and organizations
- Participate in (inter)national committees, e.g. EFSA and CEN.
- Proactively look for new opportunities in e.g. PPS- and EU-calls and write proposals in the field of (plant) toxins
The team in which the position is vacant, conducts research on plant toxins, mycotoxins and phycotoxins in food and feed. The team aims to strengthen the scientific relevance of WFSR in all three areas mentioned, including its role as European Union Reference Laboratory for mycotoxins & plant toxins in food and feed. Within the team of 22 professionals you collaborate with direct colleagues, but also with other research teams within WFSR, Wageningen University & Research (WUR) and outside.
- For more information about this position, please contact Linda Stolker, Teamleader of The Natural Toxins team, telephone +31 317-480390, or by e-mail [email protected] .
- For more information about the procedure, please contact Rutger Voorrips, Recruiter, by phone +31 317 480571 or by e-mail [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.connexys.nl.