Website The Institute of Bio- and Geosciences - Plant Sciences (IBG-2), Jülich Research Center
Would you like to contribute to solutions for climate change and resource scarcity?
Work with us at the Institute of Bio- and Geosciences – Plant Sciences (IBG-2), on innovative utilization, production and technology concepts around the topics of plants, sustainability and bioeconomy. Conduct interdisciplinary research in international or regional teams on state-of-the-art sensors and measurement concepts – in the laboratory, greenhouse as well as in the field or from the air. Contribute to longlasting experience in plant phenotyping and knowledge-based bioeconomy research. Based on its unique expertise in research infrastructures, IBG-2 coordinates the development of the pan-european research infrastructure EMPHASIS. This will provide scientists with access to technologies and expertise related to plant phenotyping in Europe. For this purpose we cooperate with a variety of partners from science, industry and politics in Europe and address topics such as agriculture, phenotyping, microbiology, environmental sciences, marine biology, social sciences, economics.
• Support in the establishment and operation of a Europe-wide access procedure to research infrastructures (Transnational Access) in the field of agroecology
• Support in project management on European level under close coordination with partners from different countries, areas and thematic fields
• Communication of project content with project partners to representatives from science, industry, politics and the general public
• Conception, organization and coordination of analog, hybrid and web-based events
• Collaboration in the further development of communication strategies around EMPHASIS as well as implementation in concrete measures (e.g. social media, homepage, newsletter, trade fair appearances, exhibitions)
• Completed scientific university studies in plant/agricultural sciences, ecology, or a related field, ideally with a PhD
• Extensive experience in science and project management, preferably in projects of the EU research framework programs Horizon 2020 and/or Horizon Europe
• Experience in working with international partners from science and industry
• Independent working style and very good team skills
• Intercultural experience and enjoy working with people with diverse experiences, expertise and perspectives
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Very good knowledge and expression skills in the German and English language
• Flexibility and willingness to take on responsibility in a wide variety of areas as needed, even away from core responsibilities
We work on highly topical socially relevant issues and offer you the opportunity to actively shape change! We support you in your work through:
• A large research campus in the countryside, which offers the best opportunities for networking with colleagues
• Collaboration in a motivated, international and interdisciplinary team at one of the largest research institutions in Europe
• Promotion of professional development through participation in national and international conferences and through various training programs
• Optimal conditions for work-life balance and a family-friendly corporate policy
• Flexible working time models, the possibility of part-time work close to full time, as well as 30 vacation days per year
• Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
We offer you an exciting and varied task in a position initially limited to 3 years with the possibility of a longer-term perspective. Salary and social benefits will conform to the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks assigned to them.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
The job will be advertised until the position has been successfully filled. You should therefore submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to receiving your application via our Online recruitment system
Questions about the vacancy?
Get in touch with us by using our contact form.
Please note that for technical reasons we cannot accept applications via email. www.fz-juelich.de
To apply for this job please visit www.fz-juelich.de.