Website VIB-VUB Center for Structural Biology
The VIB-VUB Center for Structural Biology (CSB) in Brussels seeks to recruit a staff scientist to support operation of the VIB-VUB Bio Electron Cryogenic Microscopy (BECM) center in single-particle cryo-EM and cryo-tomography projects.
BECM is a state-of-the-art cryo-EM facility equipped with JEOL cryoARM300 electron microscope with cold FEG, in-column energy filter, phase plate and K2 detector (upgraded to K3 in the coming month). It is complemented with two screening JEOL JEM-1400 120 kV microscopes and also includes a state of the art sample preparation laboratory and computational facilities. The facility has been launched in 2018 and serves internal users from CSB and large community of external academic and industrial users.
- User support in data acquisition on high-resolution and screening microscopes and preliminary computational data analysis
- Provide help with experimental design in sample preparation and imaging
- Contribute to management and maintenance of the microscopes
- Contribute to user training in sample preparation, microscopy and image processing
- Take part in new technical developments and establishment of the new standard operation procedures for sample preparation and data acquisition
To apply for this job please visit www.vib.be.