Location: LMU Munich, Germany
Deadline: Until filled
The full-time position is available immediately (40,1h/week), first for 1 year and extendable for up to 4 years.
We are a young, dynamic and international research team at the School of Life Sciences Weihenstephan (Freising) of the Technical University of Munich (TUM). We work with the molecular biology and genetics of a symbiosis between plants and beneficial soil fungi. We are looking for a motivated, skilled, friendly and team-oriented technical assistant preferably to work full-time (100% = 40,1 h/week). Salary can be up to German pay scale TVL E7.
Self-responsible execution of molecular biology experiments and light microscopic observations, work with plants, laboratory organization, team-work.
- Solid knowledge and skills in basic molecular methods such as PCR, Plasmid-cloning, sequencing, E. coli transformation, Western Blot, work with yeast, correct preparation of buffer and similar solutions and/or
- Experience with plant growth and handling / plant transformation / phenotyping / microscopy
- Team spirit and ability to communicate easily
- Ability to work independently and precisely
- Precise documentation of work and results
- Sufficient knowledge of English and German to communicate easily in oral and written form
- General Computer skills (word, excel, email, internet)
- Technical understanding and interest in learning new techniques
Disabled candidates with equal aptitude and suitability will be treated preferentially. However, several hours at the clean bench or microscope and precise eye sight are required.
If you are interested in the position please send your application by email to Prof. Dr. Caroline Gutjahr: E-Mail: [email protected]
Selection of candidates will start at the 22.08.2018 and will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Further information about our research group can be found here. Questions can be addressed to Prof. Dr. Caroline Gutjahr: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org