Website Faculty of Natural Sciences, Aarhus University
Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in Plant Biochemistry
The Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University invites applications to a tenure track assistant professor or associate professor position in biochemistry of cellular and developmental processes in higher plants to begin February 1st 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The position seeks to strengthen plant protein biochemistry research at the department, complementing ongoing plant molecular biology and genetic activities.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
‐ establish their own research team;
‐ deliver innovative research of the highest international standard;
‐ deliver teaching at the department
‐ supervise masters and PhD students;
‐ complete postgraduate teacher training for Professors at Aarhus University
‐ attract external funding
‐ write and speak English fluently
You are expected to have a background in protein biochemistry and extensive experience with advanced biochemical investigation and characterization of central cellular or developmental processes in higher plants. Outstanding results and a high level of experience from a postdoc position including substantial, international experience are essential, as is the original approach, novelty and potential impact of the research proposal.
You are at expected to:
- hold a PhD in molecular biology or related fields.
- have solid research background in protein biochemistry
- have group leader experience (associate professor)
- have a strong publication profile
- have experience in supervision of masters and PhD students (associate professor)
- have attracted external funding (associate professor)
The Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
The Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics is part of the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Aarhus University and comprises research within the areas Molecular Medicine, Structural Biology, Systems Biology and Plant Molecular Biology. There are currently 220 full time scientific staff and 140 PhD students. The department is responsible for two educations: Molecular Biology and Molecular Medicine with yearly uptake of 160 students in total. Please refer to http://mbg.au.dk/ for further information about the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics and to https://nat.au.dk/en/ and http://www.au.dk/ for information on Faculty of Natural Sciences and Aarhus University, respectively.
The application must be in English and include:
– a curriculum vitae
– the highest degree certificate
– a complete list of publications
– information about previous and current research activities (2 pages)
– a research proposal including a long-term vision (3 pages)
– a teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any)
– minimum three references: names and contact information.
For further information please contact: Head of Department, Erik Østergaard Jensen, +4587155505 /+4528992567, [email protected]
The place of work is Gustav Wieds vej 10c, 8000 Aarhus c, and the area of employment is Aarhus University with related departments
To apply for this job please visit mbg.au.dk.