Plant Biology Europe 2020 (Turin, Italy)
- November 2019: Abstract submission opens
- January 2020: Registration opens
- March 2020: Deadline for submitting oral and poster abstracts for PBE 2020
- March 2020: Early Registration closes
- May 2020: Notification to Authors
EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award
EPSO wishes to encourage the development of ideas and imaginative thinking in the plant sciences and, therefore, offers two awards to PhD-students planning to attend the FESPB/EPSO conference.
PhD students are invited to work on either fundamental or applied aspects of research on plants. One award is offered in each category.
The selection criteria is:
- The novelty of the idea or approach being taken.
- The potential of the research to improve understanding or outcomes in the selected field of plant science.
- The clarity with which the problem or research topic is conveyed to a non-specialist plant scientist.
Requirements for applicants are:
- To be eligible, applicants should be working in an institute/university that has EPSO institutional membership.
Applicants must submit application form including abstract, CV and a statement why their research is interesting, important and innovative.
- Awardees receive:
The awardees are invited to give a 30 minutes talk during the conference.
EPSO YPS Award certificate, free registration for the conference, travel reimbursement (up to 400 €) and 200 € grant.
Our distinguished jury members are: Cathie Marin (Chair), Carole Caranta, Aldo Ceriotti, Alan Schulman and Tomas Vanek.
EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award 2018 winners are Shumei WANG (fundamental plant research) and Andreas CARSTENSEN (applied plant research), announced on 12.12.2017.
Shumei and Andreas presented their research at the conference.
EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award 2016 winners Ruie LIU was selected on fundamental plant research and Malaika K EBERT on applied plant research announced on 18.1.2016.
FESPB/EPSO joint Conferences:
2018 – Copenhagen, Denmark
2016 – Prague, Czech Republic
2014 – Dublin, Ireland
2012 – Freiburg, Germany
2015 – Milan, Italy (European Commission – EPSO EXPO Conference on plant breeding techniques: 14.07.2015 at CNR)
2013 – Porto Heli, Greece
2010 – Olos, Finland
2008 – Toulon, France
2006 – Visegrad, Hungary
2004 – Ischia, Italy
2002 – Brunnen, Switzerland