On 20 May 2020, the Farm to Fork and Biodiversity strategies were released by the EC. Both are at the heart of the EU Green Deal for which an EU Green deal call for proposals will be opened by Mid-September 2020.
Areas of interest for plant scientists in the EU Green Deal call for proposals
The call for proposals is organised around 11 areas which are divided in 8 thematic areas and 3 horizontal ones. EPSO identified the following areas of interest for plant scientists where the first four ones seem of utmost interest.
- Call area 1: Increasing climate ambition: cross-sectoral challenges
- Call area 6: Farm to Fork
- Call area 7: Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Call area 8: Zero-pollution, toxic-free environment
- Call area 9: Strengthening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal
- Call area 10: Empowering citizens for transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe
Project proposals should be submitted by the end of January 2021.
By then, plant scientists will have opportunities to find potential project partners at the EU R&I Days organised online by the European Commission from 22 to 24 September 2020. They will also be able to get more familiar with the EU Green Deal call for proposals during two online free events on 7 and 13 October 2020.
13 October 2020 event: Insights and networking opportunity
The event is organised by the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) in partnership with Enterprise Ireland, Invest NI and Northern Ireland National Contract Points (NCPs) and will present insights and expectations from the European Commission. It will also offer a networking opportunity with its one-to-one meetings, allowing participants to meet with future project partners from across industry and research.
Registration for this event is open until 9 October 2020.
7 October 2020 event focusing on Social Sciences and Humanities in the Green Deal Call
This event is organised by the Network of National Contact Points for H2020 Societal Challenge 6, Net4Society, registration for this event has not started yet.
Area 1: Increasing Climate Ambition: Cross sectoral challenges
- LC-GD-1-2-2020: Towards Climate-Neutral and Socially Innovative Cities
- LC-GD-1-3-2020: Climate-resilient Innovation Packages for EU regions
Area 4: Energy and resource efficient buildings
- LC-GD-4-1-2020: Building and renovating in an energy and resource efficient way
- Area 9: Strengthening our knowledge in support of the EGD
- LC-GD-9-1-2020: European Research Infrastructures capacities and services to address European Green Deal challenges
- LC-GD-9-3-2020: Transparent & Accessible Seas and Oceans: Towards a Digital Twin of the Ocean
Area 10: Empowering citizens for the transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe
- LC-GD-10-1-2020: European capacities for citizen deliberation and participation for the Green Deal
- LC-GD-10-2-2020: Behavioural, social and cultural change for the Green Deal
- LC-GD-10-3-2020: Enabling citizens to act on climate change, for sustainable development and environmental protection through education, citizen science, observation initiatives, and civic engagement
Sources: EC – KoWi, 28.08.2020 – Respective websites of events