While the plan contains all the well-known grant schemes: Starting, Consolidator, Advanced and Synergy Grants, there are also new elements:
- The budget for the Proof of Concept grant scheme will increase from €25 million to €30 million
- Two additional grounds for extension of the eligibility windows for the candidates for Starting and Consolidator Grants will be introduced for researchers seeking asylum or being a victim of a natural disaster
- A special grant is foreseen to support ERC Science Journalism Initiative that will entail a support for journalists wishing to spend time at research institutions to better understand frontier research
EPSO encourages its members to already prepare and then submit proposals to the ERC 2023 calls following the calendar below. In addition to the resources listed below, EPSO foresees to publish its Horizon Europe WP 2023-2024 briefing in quarter four of 2022.
How and when to apply for ERC grants?
The Work Programme published today includes a tentative calendar of grant competitions. The call for Starting Grants is planned to open on 12 July 2022. The Synergy Grant call is set to follow one day later on 13 July 2022.
|Starting Grant||Consolidator Grant||Advanced Grant||Synergy Grant||Proof of Concept Grant|
|Call deadline (cut-off deadline)||25/10/2022||02/02/2023||23/05/2023||08/11/2022||24/01/2023
|Indicative date for signature of grant agreements||23/12/2023||06/04/2024||17/08/2024||02/04/2024||07/09/2023
The last two resources are available on the EPSO Member only website, under Multinational Funding Programme > Horizon Europe > Briefings & Information session
- European Commission’s ERC Work Programme 2023
- EPSO chapter on ERC proposals in the EPSO Briefing for Horizon Europe Work programme 2021-22, 29.09.2021 (ERC p 23-28)
- ERC-EPSO information session recording at the 2021 PBE conference with useful hints for proposals.
EPSO Members, except external Personal Members, can contact Sofia Ciravegna [email protected] for access to the EPSO Members’ Only website.
Wishing you success with your proposals
Karin Metzlaff, Alexandra Barnoux and Alan Schulman
Source: ERC, 12.07.2022