EPSO working groups
Welcome European Plant Science Organisation
The European Plant Science Organisation
EPSO is an independent academic organisation that represents more than 226 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO's mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. Learn more about EPSO and why plants matter.
Click here to become a personal member.
'This is our future, and we have to engage in it'. At the 2013 EPSO AGM in Greece, EPSO representatives expressed their support in video statements. Watch the final compilation.
Read the newsletter in the Members Section. With information and news on the Fascination of Plants Day, Marie Curie Innovative Training Networks, and a special feature on Poland.
- EPSO: Crop Genetic Improvement Technologies, Statement, 26.2.2015
- EPSO: Plant breeders’ rights and patent rights, Statement, 26.2.2015
- EPSO: GMO cultivation – national opt-out, Statement, 26.2.2015
- UK Parliament Inquiry: GM foods and application of the precautionary principle in Europe | EU regulation on GM Organisms not 'fit for purpose' | PDF of Report | Comment Article by ESPO Representative Jonathan Jones, 26.2.2015
- EPSO: Czech Minister of Agriculture officially supports the Fascination of Plants Day, 18.02.2015
- EPSO: Over 60 plant science job opportunities are listed in our Career Section, 13.02.2015
- ISAAA: Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops 2014, Biotech crop hectarage increases for 19th year | Executive Summary, 28.01.2014
- FAO: Genetic diversity a hidden tool in coping with climate change in new book on the roles of genetic resources for food and agriculture, 19.1.2015
- European Parliament: The plenary voted in favour of a member state opt-out for GMO cultivation, 13.01.2014
- FACCE-JPI: Call for proposals FACCE SURPLUS Sustainable and Resilient agriculture for food and non-food systems, Deadline 4th of March, 7.1.2014
- EPSO: The Fascination of Plants Day 2015 is launched, 18.12.2014
- EPSO: New Working Group ‘Forestry research’ Meeting report | EPSO members are invited to join by contacting us, 25.11.14
- EPSO: Our updated Briefing on Horizon 2020 Calls in 2015 for EPSO Members is now available in the Members Section, 7.11.14
- Klumper & Qaim: A Meta-Analysis of the Impacts of Genetically Modified Crops; On average, GM adoption has reduced chemical pesticide use by 37%, increased crop yields by 22%, and increased farmer profits by 68%, 3.11.14
- IPCC: Synthesis of Fifth Assessment Report: Climate change threatens irreversible and dangerous impacts, but options exist to limit its effects, Press release, Summary for policy makers, 2.11.2014
- 21 of Europe's most outstanding plant scientists: Europe needs to think again about the role of plant research, including the use of genetically modified plants, Open letter, Press release, 30.10.2014
- BBSRC: Statement on New techniques for genetic crop improvement | Announcement Note, 28.10.2014
- EPSO: Working Group Meeting ‘Towards longer term partnerships of scientists from Europe and Developing Countries’, Meeting report 16.10.2014
- IFPRI: 2014 Global Hunger Index: levels of hunger in many developing countries decrease but two billion suffering from hidden hunger, 13.10.14
- EPSO: Updated Briefing on the EIP on “Agricultural Productivity and Sustainability” for EPSO Members available in the Members Section, 13.10.14
Upcoming EPSO events:
The third international "Fascination of Plants Day" will take place under the umbrella of EPSO on the 18th of May 2015 | FoPD Website | Success stories from FoPD 2013
Recent EPSO events:
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin, Programme, Programme of experts for EPSO stand
- EPSO: 13 countries celebrated the unofficial Fascination of Plants Day 2014 | The 3rd Fascination of Plants Day will take place on 18th of May 2015, 18.5.14
- Horticulture for the 21st Century' Workshop, 11-12.11.2013, Berlin (DE) - Programme | participant list, 13.11.2013
EPSO members contact us to get involved in one of the working groups.