EPSO working groups
Welcome European Plant Science Organisation
The European Plant Science Organisation
EPSO is an independent academic organisation that represents more than 226 research institutes, departments and universities from 30 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO's mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. Learn more about EPSO and why plants matter.
Click here to become a personal member.
'This is our future, and we have to engage in it'. At the 2013 EPSO AGM in Greece, EPSO representatives expressed their support in video statements. Watch the final compilation.
Read our latest newsletter in the Members Section. With an editorial from the new EPSO President and an MEP explains why scientists should care about the upcoming European elections.
- Netherlands: WOTRO Science for Global Development launches 2nd call of Food & Business Global Challenges Programme, 10.4.2014
- FAO: Sharp rise in FAO Food Price Index - Weather and Black Sea tensions push prices to ten-month high, 2.4.2014
- Austria: Sign the petition 'Austria needs science and science needs public funding' calling for strong public support for science in Austria, 1.4.2014
- GPC: Global Plant Council E-bulletin GPC website, 31.3.2014
- IPCC: Summary for Policymakers of 5th Intergovernmental Report on Climate Change Working Group II | Effect on Food Supply, 31.3.2014
- Genetic Literacy Project: Organic farmer call to action: We can work with GMO farmers to feed the world, 25.3.2014
- DESCA: The most widespread model Consortium Agreement for Horizon 2020, 25.3.2014
- EPSO & FESPB: Inviting offers to host the 2018 FESPB / EPSO Conference, submit to firstname.lastname@example.org , deadline is 31st of May 2014, 25.3.2014
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin, Programme | Registration, 24.3.2014
- UK: Cathie Martin & Eugenio Butelli of John Innes Centre win BBSRC Most Promising Innovator 2014 for GM purple tomatoes| BBC feature from Jan 2014 Article | Video | Report of talk at 2013 EPSO conference, 21.3.2014
- Observer, UK: editorial "There's no choice: we must grow GM crops now", 16.3.2014
- UK Council for Science and Technology: Letter advising the UK Prime Minister on the risks and benefits of GM technologies, 14.3.2014
- EASAC: Report on EU Priorities for Tackling Emerging Plant Pests and Diseases published, 10.3.2014
- Plant ETP Press Release: European Parliament gives strong signal to strengthen Europe's plant breeding capacity, 07.03.2014
- EP: On 25.2.2014, the Parliament adopted a report on plant breeding, 3.3.2014
- EC: Switzerland only third country in H2020 (associate country status subject to negotiations) | FAQ on news rules | EC statement, 26.2.14
- EFSA: European Food Safety Authority scientific workshop on RNAi based GM on 4-5.6.2014 in Brussels, 11.2.2014
- EC: Horizon 2020 Call for expression of interest for evaluators, 3.2.2014
- EPSO: Horizon 2020 Briefing for EPSO Members in Members Section, Updated 27.1.14
- FACCE-JPI: 3rd Newsletter "Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change" from 3-year anniversary event, 21.1.13
- EC: Horizon 2020 launched | Work Programmes: ERC | Marie Curie | Infrastructures | Food | Health | Climate, 11.12.13
- EPSO: 3.12.13
- EPSO: Achievements and Future of EPSO, 1.9.2013
- EPSO: Science Based Policy, 1.9.2013
Upcoming EPSO events:
- FESPB/EPSO Congress 22-26.6.2014, Dublin, Programme | Registration
- The third international "Fascination of Plants Day" will take place under the umbrella of EPSO on the 18th of May 2015 | FoPD Website
While there will be no official FoPD in 2014, organisers are welcome to promote events around the 18 May 2014 and submit them to our webmaster | FoPD Website
Recent EPSO events:
- Horticulture for the 21st Century' Workshop, 11-12.11.2013, Berlin (DE) - Programme | participant list, 13.11.2013
- 7th EPSO Conference, 1-4 September 2013, Greece - - daily highlights and science policy talks online, 17.9.2013
EPSO members contact us to get involved in one of the working groups.